Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Friday, July 6, 2007

A Note About My Movie Reviews

Ever since I was a little boy I've loved movies. I had dreams of directing movies. To date, the best job I've ever had was the few years I worked as a projectionist at the movie theater. Movies are great because they take you to places you realistically can't go, to see things that you just can't see in real life. They are a mental, entertaining vacation for a couple hours in a cool theater or in the comfort of your own living room.

As I catch movies, both in theaters and on DVD, I'm going to do my best to write reviews on them that will be listed on our blog. My hope is to keep a list of the movies I've seen, along with my grades for them so I can refer back to them, and to keep friends updated on what films I think are worth seeing. I will use a standard "A" through "F" grading system. The criteria I will use to assign a grade will be both the thoughts and feelings I have for the film once it's over and I've had a chance to think it over as well as how much I enjoyed myself during the actual viewing. I'm not a nose-in-the-air critic who picks every little detail apart. I don't care about lighting, colors or subtle undertones. That said, I can be an over analyzer at times, especially when I catch the vision a director was going for but they just fell short. My goal isn't to spoil anything about a movie for you, but to give you a quick overview along with my impressions.

I hope you enjoy my reviews and I encourage you to post your comments if you've seen the same film.

No comments: